Baby Shower Card
Spring is coming, a time for renewal, rebirth, and adorable babies! Here is a sweet vintage card that is perfect for a baby shower or a congratulations card.
Note that one of the key techniques on this card is sewing. I had never tried sewing on cards before, but man is it easy! Always experiment on a scrap piece of paper first, to make sure that you have the machine configured properly, the right color of thread, and the stitch set that you want. If you don’t have a sewing machine, or it’s too intimidating, there are several other options to get that stitched look!
- Draw stitched lines using a white gel pen, or a pen of your choice
- Rub-ons come in a variety of stitch patterns and are easy to apply
- Stamps can also come in stitch patterns, and you can use whatever color of ink you want
- Stickers also exist and often are transparent so that they don’t cover up the design beneath the stitching
- The Sew Easy tool is a great way to punch perfectly-spaced holes that you can then stitch using a needle and floss. It’s very affordable and comes in a wide variety of stitch patterns
- Light pink cardstock
- Patterned paper – Melissa Frances 6×6 paper pad
- Cream lace ribbon
- Pink pompom trim – Melissa Frances
- baby – Melissa Frances 5th Avenue sticker book
- Sweet Memories – K & Company
- Pearls — KaiserScrapbook and Creative Imaginations
- Sewing machine
- White thread
- Foam adhesive squares
- Snail adhesive
- Glue dots
- Cut pink cardstock base to 8.5 x 6.25 inches, score at 4.25 of the 8.5 length and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of the patterned paper to 6 x 4 inches.
- Sew a zigzag pattern using white thread around the border of the paper. To prevent going off the edge, stop the machine when you get to the edge, lift the foot, turn the paper 90 degrees, drop the foot and continue.
- Trim a piece of cream lace ribbon to 4 inches and adhere to the left side of the card.
- Trim a piece of pink pompom trim to 3.5 inches and adhere to the left side of the card, slightly overlapping the bottom edge of the cream lace ribbon.
- Put one thin foam square on the scalloped baby sticker, on the upper right corner, and a small glue dot on the bottom left corner, and adhere slightly overlapping the top edge of the cream lace ribbon.
- Adhere the “Sweet Memories” sticker over the top left corner of the scalloped baby sticker.
- Place three light blue pearls on the paper: one at the bottom corner of the two stickers, and two in the upper right corner.
- Adhere the whole panel to the pink cardstock base using foam adhesive.
- Cut a strip of patterned paper (or use a scrap you already cut off) to 1 x 6 inches and adhere to the bottom of the card inside.
- Run one zigzag stitch horizontally along the top line of the patterned paper to ground the paper to the card.
- Add three pearls to the upper right of the card inside—one light blue, one light pink, one cream.
So grateful that my girlfriend Jill gave me this post to share with you.
For those of you that do not know me I am a Mom, Wife, Fashion Designer of Western Wear (Western Border and CO). I love to do DIY Crafts, Bake, Cook, be with my family and friends. If you want to know more about me or my products just go to my website or join my VIP Facebook Group Page
ALSO JOIN our EMAIL list for DIY Crafts, Recipes, Coupons, latest Products and a 10 % Coupon that can be used in my store